Getting a website going doesn’t feel like small potatoes! Creating logos, styling, creating the content, and cost can all seem so overwhelming. Where do I start? Is it worth the investment?
Well, listen up! I’ve got you covered. I’ll share a few things to ease your mind.
Let this information sink in: About 81% of adults have a smartphone and use it over 1 1/2 hours a day to look at media (stats by Nielson Co.). It’s wild to think about! That’s a whole lot of eye balls potentially viewing your products or services!
3 Benefits of a Self-Hosted Website
1. A Website Makes You Visible
2. You Can Be Heard
- Provide Value
- Give Credibility
- Convey Your Company Values
- Make Your Business Legitimate
- Provide Another Marketing Channel
3. Engage With Your Audience
Social media has changed the way we do business. A website is no different! You can engage with your REAL customers that come to your site, collect information, gather feedback, and more!
Don’t Make It Too Complicated
1. You need a website name (domain name). Need help choosing a name? Check out this article here.
2. You’ll need, well, a website. This is the creative aspect and initial investment. This may help you see what services you’d need.
3. Then you’ll need a company to “host” the website on their computer.
The hardest part is gathering good content and quality pictures!
All of these things can be done on your own or done with the help of a web design or marketing company. Obviously the cheapest, but sometimes least professional way, is doing things all on your own. If you are gifted this way, great! I’m happy to be a resource for you to call with questions.
Doing it yourself can be tiring, though. If it would distract you from what you really need to spend time doing, then have someone help you. But avoid the temptation of using sites like Wix, Squarespace or WordPress.com, which you wouldn’t fully own in the end.
I’d love the opportunity just to talk with you about your specific situation and how we can meet your individual needs.