AGREEMENT FOR COMPUTER ESTIMATE AND SERVICES:
My Computer Solutionz will be referred to as "We" or the "Repairer" in this document.
Ted Brown / The receiver of service will be referred to as "You" or the "Customer" in this document.
The customer is engaging the Repairer as an independent representative for the specific project of providing an Estimate1 and repairing a single electronic device.
The Customer hereby authorizes the Repairer to access their accounts needed to make the repair, included but not limited to, Windows or Live passwords; Outlook and other E-mail accounts; phone, tablet, iTunes and iCloud passwords, as applicable to the project.
The Customer also authorizes the Repairer to remove SIM cards and open the device case to troubleshoot any hardware issues, as applicable.
1 Estimates are just that, and don't imply that we have diagnosed an issue completely (see below).
PROJECT PROCESS AND CONDITIONS
- MINIMUM DEPOSITS for repairs are as follows: $30 for phone and in-person software issues; $45 for hardware issues. Deposits for computer troubleshooting, diagnosis, and website troubleshooting are due before troubleshooting or work is performed and are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- While there is no obligation to complete the work after an Estimate is given, deposit amounts may be applied towards the cost of repairs made within 30 days.
- Payment in full is due when work is completed.
- The Customer will be responsible for dropping off and picking up the device and any accessories to My Computer Solutionz, unless other arrangements have been made in Special Provisions Section below.
- It's the customer's responsibility to fully disclose, up-front, any known damage, drops or mishaps that the device encountered leading up to (and including) delivery of the device to My Computer Solutionz. The Estimate document is only referring to the computer issues described by the Customer at the time this document was printed. The date can be found on the bottom of this page. Additional work not included with this document will require further payment deemed necessary by My Computer Solutionz.
- The Customer assumes all responsibility for the data on the device to be backed up and stored at another location. My Computer Solutionz assumes no responsibility for lost data, or data that needs restoring, as a result of repairing any device. Any data not backed up is at the sole risk of the customer.
- At times My Computer Solutionz may not be able to repair an issue on first attempt. This is typically caused by a problem that we can't re-create. In this situation, we ask that you contact us within 7 days of payment to allow your device to be repaired again. There will be no additional charge as long as it's for the same problem. Additional issues that surface may incur an additional fee.
- My Computer Solutionz may not be held liable for using our education, resources, knowledge of a similar issue, and best industry practice to determine your needs or an Estimate.
- Prices are subject to change. Estimates are valid for 30 days from the date on the Estimate. After 30 days, a new Estimate will be presented with any changes in cost or components.
- The Terms "TROUBLESHOOTING," "ESTIMATE," and "DIAGNOSIS" don't imply that we have diagnosed an issue fully or completely. Further work may need to be done to uncover a root-cause. If followup is requested by My Computer Solutionz, it's the customer 's responsibility to provide due effort to followup by phone or Email with the results of the findings.
- The term "ESTIMATE' in this documentation refers to a line-item description and cost of labor and supplies, in our best effort, to complete the work to fix a device malfunction, as described by the customer.
- CONSULTATIONS are considered any conversation regarding The Customer's broad or specific computer issues for 15 minutes or less and are free unless otherwise discussed. Any CONSULTATION over 15 minutes will be considered TROUBLESHOOTING a device and has a minimum $30 charge.
The Repairer and the customer must coordinate a date and time for delivery and pickup of the device. We agree to work expeditiously to complete your work within 7 days (sooner if requested). To this end, we need you to reply to text messages, phone calls or e-mails with inquiries within 24-hours to be able to meet this goal.
My Computer Solutionz is unable to store equipment. The Customer will be notified when the work is complete and should arrange to pickup the device and any other equipment promptly. All equipment, including devices, left after seven (7) days from repair completion will incur a $5 daily charge. Any equipment or devices left for four (4) weeks from repair completion become the sole possession of My Computer Solutionz.
ASSIGNMENT OF PROJECT
My Computer Solutionz reserve the right to assign subcontractors to this project to insure the right fit for the job as well as on-time completion. My Computer Solutionz will bring to the attention of the customer if any subcontractors are used to work on the customer 's project. It's the responsibility of My Computer Solutionz to pay any subcontractors as part of the agreed costs charged to the customer.
SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT
The Customer Ted Brown has been added to this contract as a single point of contact between My Computer Solutionz and The Customer Ted Brown. All changes, updates, approvals, and modifications should come through You in order to keep the project on task and on time. Any inquiries made outside of this point of contact will first be cleared through this point of contact for verification.
REFUND AND WARRANTY POLICY
While My Computer Solutionz commits to customer satisfaction, our low labor charges and high liability make refunding difficult. Full refunds are not granted for started (or completed) work unless there are extenuating circumstances. My Computer Solutionz commits to working with the customer to provide a reasonable solution based on the circumstances. Partial refunds are given for over payments and pre-payments that have met a condition listed in this contract.
Special PayPal Notice. When refunding PayPal transactions, Paypal no longer refunds the Repairer the fees charged for card processing. Consequently, if you pay by Paypal, you will no longer be refunded these fees (approximately 2.9% + $0.30).
Labor Warranty. Labor is warranted for 90 days unless explicitly explained in the estimate provided by My Computer Solutionz.
Parts Warranty. Parts may be refunded if allowed, and according to the rules of any 3rd party vendor. A return fee for re-stocking or shipping may apply. Any used parts or parts provided by the customer do not carry a warranty and are considered as-is.
The agreement contained in this "AGREEMENT FOR REPAIR OF A COMPUTING DEVICE" constitutes the sole agreement between the Repairer (of My Computer Solutionz) and the Customer Ted Brown regarding this repair. Any additional work not specified in this contract and the Estimate must be authorized by a written change order. All prices specified in this contract will be honored for thirty (30) days after both parties sign this contract. Continued services after that time will require a new agreement.
SPECIAL PROVISIONS & EXCLUSIONS (if applicable)
Any Special Provisions or Exclusions listed in this section will supersede or replace any conditions outlined above.
The undersigned agrees to the terms of this agreement on behalf of his or her self, organization or business.
I, Ted Brown, sign this document stating I have read and agreed to all of the above in cooperation with My Computer Solutionz in production and deployment of the Customer (Ted Brown). I also agree that if under any circumstances I cannot afford to pay the remaining balance I forfeit the deposit and will have everything designed by My Computer Solutionz revoked and the contract terminated until I can pay the remaining balance in full.
All terms of this contract are contingent upon strike, accidents, or other causes beyond our control.
My Computer Solutionz Representative
11/5/2019 (electronically signed)
Customer Information & Signature
Fill out the information below, Sign and Click Save Signature! You can then click "Print Contract" for your records.
Enter Customers Name: Ted Brown
Enter Date: 11/5/2019
Customer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Signed on Tue Nov 05 2019 21:53:26 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
IP Address: 188.8.131.52